FIGHTING TOXICITY IN GAMING
The global game industry has a big problem. Toxicity is so prevalent in online gaming that many players are resigned to its presence. All publishers and most players agree that toxicity is problematic. There is no grey area like with loot boxes or crate drops. Everyone benefits from gaming communities free of toxic behavior. This panel will tackle the issue head-on by looking at the following questions:
- What are publishers doing to address the problem?
- What challenges do they face? What successes have they had?
- What role can streamers and influencers play in fighting toxicity?
- As voice recognition software improves, how feasible is it to filter out hate speech?
- Which other emerging technologies offer the best opportunities to fight toxicity?
Michael Salmon, Game Consultant, Something Fishy Consulting
MODERATOR: Dewey Hammond, Vice President, Games Research, Magid Advisors